Monday, March 7, 2011

Under the Sea!

Last Saturday some lovely friends and I went to Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, and after had a late lunch on the beach. I love any reason to go to San Francisco! While being completely amazed with the variety of unique plants, animals, and terrain our Earth has to offer, the trip ultimately reminded me of some of my favorite classic hair care products as well as a brand new one that I use pretty much every single day.


While touring around the aquarium, and watching how the ocean flows, I thought about Seaweed Shampoo and Conditioner from Bumble and Bumble. OH MY GAWWW! It smells so good and refreshing. If you wash your hair more than a few times per week, its great to use. There are marine extracts that feed our roots, add shine to our hair and keep our scalps happy!

While playing around with a fish, making kissy faces at him, I noticed he started to mirror my facial expressions! Not to be outdone by a fish, I quickly stretched my mouth as wide as possible – well, he was not shy…..
His cute little puffed up fins reminded me of two things. First, Texture -- Bumble’s brand new product! It gives you that sexy undone big hair look with just the right amount of grit. Second, good ol’ sumo wax! Great for piecing out the ends of hair to create a dramatic look, or to define curls on longer hair.







We went to the rainforest and a tiny bird called Paradise Tanager took my breath away! He was so incredibly beautiful. Looking simply at a hair coloring perspective, this little guy provides so much inspiration!



 Color blocking techniques, using natural color with vibrant bright colors, can be just what someone needs to help feel their best. Using Goldwell hair color, I know it’s safe and the color stays as vibrant as our little bird’s feathers.





Finally we made it to the beach. It was one of those amazing days in San Francisco where the sun was out and the temperature was perfect. We ate our food, watching dogs run and play, watching the many surfers in the water waiting, waiting for that perfect wave on such a day. It was wonderful. Which brings me to my favorite product of all time. Surf Spray! Seriously, I don’t know how I made it through life before I used this. Spray on wet hair at the roots and/or all over! Blow it out with a round brush or diffuse. You’ll feel sexy, salty, sun-dried, windswept -- whenever, wherever.
I thoroughly enjoyed my own little Earthy hair day last weekend. Let’s do what we can to take care of where we live and remember always take care of our hair!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I loved your pictures and your tips!
    I'm glad you had a perfect SF day at the beach as well!

    ReplyDelete