Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Boys, Boys, all types of Boys...

...Black, White, Puerto Rican, Chinese Boys!

I've been totally boy crazy lately. I don't even know why because it's totally not like me to be! On the positive hair side of life, this recent revelation has reminded me of all the glorious ways the men in your life, or you, being the man, can express and impress.

No matter your lifestyle, work style, play style, or wish style, there are so many styles for you to try...

Boy Number One: Pharrell Williams

Hello! Can I get a whats up Mr. Pharrell? Let me tell you why I love you...

One half of the Pop, Hip Hop, and R&B production duo, The Neptunes, and lead singer rapper of N.E.RD., this man is always on the fore front of the fashion and music world. These two things being closely tied into hair, he is always clean, classic, and surprisingly daring. His friend and professional partner in musical crime, Chad Hugo, is not one to be left in the dust either....










Boy Number Two: Zac Efron

I know, I know, I know..... Zac?! But Absolutely! This boy has everything working in his favor... on top of his head that is. He pioneered the "Justin Bieber" before that little guy was born. AND he did it ten times better. Now growing into the very nice man that he is, he is looking less like a teenager and going for and older masculine look. Besides, who doesn't love a man who can sing and dance?



















Boy Number Three: Jay Chou

New to me within the last year, this boy is a jack of all trades from Taiwan. A singer-songwriter, actor, and producer, he has won the World Music Award four times! Wow! I didn't even know there was a World Music Award. See how we can always step outside of our box? :) That's what I really like about what he does with his hair. Always stepping outside of his box, trying more extreme cuts and even COLOR.

If you have coarser hair texture like Jay, here are some other looks to try as well...






Boy Number Four: Diego Luna

This boy has been on my radar after two very different movies. First, Y Tu Mamá También. A road trip coming of age story that is not for the faint of heart. Second, Dirty Dancing Havana Nights. Insert laugh here. But, Whatever I love dancing movies! Diego is usually on the longer side of the men's hair spectrum. When he is short, it's shaggy and textured. When he is long, he is LONG! He tends to have a Johnny Depp vibe about him. Seems anything works on him. His hair texture is fine to medium, but he has a lot of it! If you have his hair type why not try some of the looks he has?


Boy Number Five: David Beckham

For most hair changes in the least amount of time, the award goes to him! Beckham is constantly altering his look. Shaved, "soccer cut", textured crop, long, classic. His hairstylist, Adee Phelan, surely keeps David a cut above the rest! Pun intended.


So many Boys so little time....
.....Umm Boys haircuts. :) To all my Boys out there, experiment! There's something for everybody! To my ladies, hope you enjoyed the show and you're welcome.
See something you'd like to have a consultation about? I'd love to talk hair with you. Schedule with Mindi today at Salon Paisley! 1-916-444-2404
And remember, Always take care of your hair!

2 comments: