Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rock On My Ladies

 I have always been a performer, dancer, singer, and anything to get a laugh. I love the thrill of being on stage and becoming a different character through hair, make up and song.  I also may have given up my silly dream of making it big on Broadway for other pursuits BUT my love for this lives on in these four important women. They all command the stage, gain the respect, create the work, and all with their own theatrical style.


Goldfrapp AKA
Alison Goldfrapp

My beautiful blonde! I will not apologize, women with Goldilocks are by far my FAVE. Pair that with amazing talent and a flair for mixing a traditional stage presence and electronic sounds and you had me at "ooh la la".  Alison rarely strays from her iconic curls. If it's not baroque, don't fix it!















Yeah Yeah Yeahs AKA
Karen O

Oooooh! My Karen O!
She's the girl after your indie rock, art-dance-post punk revivals heart!
This woman pulls off one of the most truly feared hairstyles of all time. The Classic Graduation! Woohoo! Always styled black and sleek, "Heads will Roll" around to check her out again and again. 




Florence and the Machine AKA
 Florence Welch
Such a soulful redheaded Brit, she is fearless! She is never shy to belt out her songs on grand stages around the world and on T.V. Her two favorite lipsticks from MAC happen to be MY signature colors! (Ruby Woo & Lady Danger).  Her look is so effortless, beautiful rich color and textured waves I'm in "Cosmic Love" with her!







Marina and the Diamonds AKA
Marina Lambrini Diamandis
Miss Diamandis may be the youngest of the group, but she can certainly hold her own. This Welsh/Greek goddess is making music, her videos, and styling super fun again. On style, her Ombre look is all the rage along with her debut pop, new wave album. I look forward to her sophomore effort because I've got "Obsessions" about her!













I somehow feel connected to these women. Maybe they each represent little pieces of myself, how I would love to do what they do. Oh yeah, that and I've had my hair at some point in my life, exactly like each of them! HAHAHA :)
 I said it before I'll say it again, ROCK On My Ladies!

Interested in any of these looks? I would love to make it a reality for you! Call Salon Paisley,
 at 916-444-2404, to make an appointment with Mindi Garrett today.
ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF YOUR HAIR!

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I remember your black hair days -- a great look, BUT you are a fabulous blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I distintly remember your PINK hair days!lol - a great look, however, I will have to agree with Kristi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mindi, are a genius. some of my favorite hair styles are ones you created! (you insisted on karen o hair with black black black eye makeup! and the redishorange short do was a hit even on the streets!)
    i love you!! your blog is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison Goldfrapp is the winner in my book! Not enough curly headed blondes representin' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blondies like mother like daughter:)

    Haha wow how could I have forgotten about that PINK hair?!!?

    TIFFANY! Thank you so much! You rocked those looks :)

    Jeanna we must do another shoot the next time we're in the same town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think i want to go red!!! bahahhahaha

    ReplyDelete