Friday, August 26, 2011

TO DO, or not DO the DREW?

It's amazing how fast time flies by. I blinked and the summer is starting to wind down. As I feel the earth's tilt, days growing shorter, nature getting ready for its change, I also feel like its time for a personal change. Well, on top of my head, that is... 
 
I think back on how daring I used to be stylewise. I never really thought twice about changing my cut or color. "CHOP IT OFF! GROW IT OUT! SHAVE ONE SIDE! DYE IT BLACK! BLEACH IT BACK!," I'd say. The bigger the change the better. Now, I'm Scared!!!! I don't even know who I am anymore!
 
HAHA. Oh Lord. This feeling reminds me of a very dear woman, Holly Paulat. She has been bringing me the same picture of the hair color she really wants to try, for over a year now. It got me thinking, "What are we afraid of?"
 
As Autumn sneaks up on us I think about a complete re-do. If I want change and change is good, why am I so nervous about giving up the long and the blonde? Maybe I'm nervous different hair won't look good, and that I won't feel pretty. As soon as I said it out loud I found a very cool quote:
 
"I think happiness is what makes you pretty. Period. Happy people are beautiful. They become like a mirror and they reflect that happiness."
Drew Barrymore
 
JACKPOT! I'm a naturally happy person so reading this was the icing on the cake and gave me the encouragement to be daring again. Good 'ol Drew! Then I realized, Barrymore is one of the most daring stars around! She's is constantly changing up her funky style. Why not take a tip from her?
 
First tip: check out those black roots-- on the bottom of her hair!
What star is able to get away with that!? DREW. She did this style after having beautiful sandy blonde hair. What does she say? CHOP IT OFF! DYE THE TIPS BLACK!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I absolutely loved this look on her. Dark roots, golden locks, extensions ... feel like having long hair again? Just put it back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Don't feel like cutting it again, but want to feel totally different?
 
Then try completely changing the color. This is the COVERGIRL ad that made me start thinking "new hair" again. I love how she inspires good changes!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

There are so many options when you're deciding on a new look... Maybe we should try baby steps and go for a middle ground of the blonde and red like this Barrymore look...
 
 
Yet, I feel like the biggest thing is just getting the chutzpa to just go for it! Hey Holly! I'll do it if you do it! :)
 
IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE! Come see me at Salon Paisley for yours.
916-444-2404
 
Remember, Always take care of your hair!

1 comment:

  1. Preach it!!!!!! I just need the money! Bahaha!!
    Oh it's Juuulia btw! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete